Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

So today saw me out early, breakky pie and coffee from the bakery, heading north to check out a couple small creeks. Pretty shallow, lost one small jack, no run in the tide. Had a look up one of the bigger creeks. Massive school of Barra, but couldn’t tempt them in ten minutes so moved on. Wanted a feed so stopped. Couple squid. Half a dozen sand whiting about 28-30 in a foot of gin clear water. Had a couple more casts. Saw this thing eat my yabbie. Not great on 6lb mono. Turned out to be a pretty nice flatty. Nearly 70. Couple pics and released. Or so I thought. She/he didn’t fight heaps, and just didn’t release. I left it for 15 minutes. Pushed and prodded to try get it to swim. Towed it. Nothing. It just kept sinking to the bottom. Way bigger than I normally keep but she’s dinner. Felt a bit shit but I tried my best to revive her. No eggs at least. I dunno what was wrong. Got another crab so winning.
    Most of today was on video so will do a clip up next week when we get home.
    F95BB436-A3CC-429B-A98E-88139DE1E301.jpg
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12