Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A trip of problems...

IMG_1192.jpg

Well, here we go again on the intrepid adventures of the dynamic duo. This is my recollection.
    Hatched a plan to have a few nights up the straights, weather permitting. Rough plan was Dids was going to head up Wednesday, set up camp, prep everything and id shoot down Friday arvo or Saturday morning, dog permitting (thats another story).
    So got a pic Wednesday arvo, leaving Maroom, next setting up camp....in the wrong spot. after some convos camp was relocated, happy days.

Next message wasn't great, I am heading home, weather is rubbish, rain, wind apparently the tides played tricks, and the boat was high and dry all day (anecdotal account) but the biggest issue was that the new upgraded fire lighting device failed. After some you tubing i am led to believe that fire was created via a battery and some accelerant out a red 20 litre plastic container.

Camp was packed up and the trip was off, wind,rain,no fire. I needed to escape work so i was still going. Miraculously, the heavens cleared, and the wind stopped...allegedly, and camp was re-erected. I packed quickly and headed down in fantastic weather. Quick erection up, and the fire going, a couple beers were spilled. Up early the next morning and up to a nearby creek to chase a salmon. They were there but couldn't get one to bite.

Dids got s good flatty, and i managed a few good tailor. Back to camp, for a bacon and egg cook up over the fire(now we had a fire starting device) We headed out again, after a while, however the chosen spot was taken, so we went to plan b. Dids got some excellent live herring so we sat and got eaten alive by sandflies as the sun set, solving the problems of the world, only getting one nice flatty out of the deep water.

I had had enough of the bugs so threw my dummy out the cot and said I'm heading back to the fire. Unfortunately, the river gods played their cards and my crank battery had dropped a cell, so i had to endure 15 minutes of getting eaten alive, not in a good way, until i swapped the electric battery over.

Back at camp we had a great cook up over that fire (a lighter works great as it turns out) and then burned a heap of "natural" wood for a while and called it a night. I think Sunday was actually the least traumatic of the trip, with me getting home early and Dids having a good run back to the ramp and then brissy.. As always, the trip was great, just a few hiccups. Not many pics but i will share a few that i got.

HFVN2248.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

Attachment 42147

Attachment 42147

Like i said, not many photos but some good memories...and lessons learnt.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...