Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maria Island

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

AA....

They smack the lure first up, and some of them were fighting each other for it.

First run is a corker In that situation, the drags were set tight so we could really stick it to them to get them away from likey snags. After that they sort of give up a bit. But the Blue-throats can have a second or third run and they really give you some curry

Very underrated sportsfish In my opinion, as they fight hard. Fly is next

ActiveAnglerCrew

Thanks Beevor,

They look like a pocket rocket and they look like little muscle machines that would give the rod a good work over, as per your piccy.

Does the school of em get spooked after they have tried pinching the plastic of their mates?

Would you get this wrasse around the mouth of Derwent River, like around Bellerive, TAS, off the rocks?

Cheers.

Active Angler Crew.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler
    Thanks Beevor,

They look like a pocket rocket and they look like little muscle machines that would give the rod a good work over, as per your piccy.

Does the school of em get spooked after they have tried pinching the plastic of their mates?

Would you get this wrasse around the mouth of Derwent River, like around Bellerive, TAS, off the rocks?

Cheers.

Active Angler Crew.
    In some sitiations where there are only a few Wrasse I guess they may get spooked, but they are generally fairly agressive. Especially in numbers

I doubt you'll get any around Bellerive - they hang out in more ocean surrounds as opposed to Estuary. So rocky/weedy outcrops and headlands such as Clifton Beach. Anywhere that has a bit of kelp, I would be confident in saying, holds Wrasse.

There are 2 types to target - Purple Wrasse and Blue-Throat Wrasse. Both fight hard, but the Bluey can get slightly larger and has brilliant colours.

Down here they're also known as a Kelpie or Parrotfish

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a true talent with the lens my good man !

Cheers

Wayne
    Chasing "The Donkey" in 07/08

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12