Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where are the Nambucca Flatties???

Am I just slack or is it a tough year for finding flatties in the lower estuary. This time of year we should be seeing plenty of good table fish and some larger size fish as well for interest. I have been putting in the hours all around the lower estuary for just the odd fish. Even tried up river, found a few fish up Taylors arm but still hard work for the odd fish. The water is still very salty even 15 to 20KM up river perhaps we need a good flood to bring them back down. Any suggestions???

ActiveAnglerCrew

Gday Rimshot,

Welcome to the site mate and thanks for posting up on Active Angler.

OK with Nambucca, thankfully I have contacted a long lost mate who has given me a little run down.

The main wall is going well with live baits - should get some big flatties there.

Warrel Creek is a good for flatties apparently.

A nice little bit of fresh should assist in getting a better bite, considering the water is so salty. But not too much.

Anyone else able to assist?

Cheers

Active Angler Crew.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Maybe then again maybe not

Thanks for the info. I fish soft plastics and up until this season I have regularly pulled fish in amongst the live baiters who regularly remain fishless. The live baiters along the wall tell me they have not caught a fish in over 10 days now. One story does tell of an individual claiming to have caught 3 fish at 6,8 & 10lb on livies recently but no one saw them. Warrell Creek excellent spot that it normally is, is still light on for flatties this year.

I have this other thought: that with all the other larger rivers closed to professional fishing the poor little Nambucca River including Warrell Creek is getting pretty thrashed by professionals.

So much beautiful promising water so few fish.