Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish in Hobart

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Stuart
    How did you go??

Pity you couldn't make it further north! Anson’s Bay (CB's Backyard) has the best bream fishing in Tasmania. Its remote location means it is rarely fished and all the fish are BIG (see blacksnakes "Few More Decent Bream Pics") and because it see's very few anglers the are not to hard to catch!

Fresh bait can be deadly if you are after a feed but for the rec side of things you cant go past SP's and hardbodys. Just make sure you take plenty with you and be prepared to loose allot of gear...........

A great spot if you can get there, would highly recommend anyone visiting Tassie to make some time in there itinerary to get there, you won't be disappointed

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair drive from Hobart for someone without transport JB. Not an easy water to fish without a boat either so probably not the best of suggestions.

Sounds like you have fished Ansons quite extensively from your comments about the easy catch fish. Strange that a local guide only takes his more dedicated anglers there as he knows they wont get big numbers of fish but may get some quality.

Would love to hear of your hot tips for the waterway as many leave the Bay dissapointed.
    forum whore hunter

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cagedbush
    Strange that a local guide only takes his more dedicated anglers there as he knows they wont get big numbers of fish but may get some quality.

Would love to hear of your hot tips for the waterway as many leave the Bay dissapointed.
    Strange, He seems to love taking the odd "High Profile" angler up that way I doubt he would be taking the likes of Rex, ET, Starlo and Buschy up there if the fishing was as tough as you sugest :P

As for a hot tip, I just do what the locals only seem to no and use Gulp Sandworms, works wonders for me both landbased and from a boat

Not trying to keep the spot a secret just for yourself are you mate

JB

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Not trying to keep a spot secret. Just not stupid enough to suggest someone without transport travel 300 Kilometres to get a fish. The location is small and prone to overfishing so I dont yell it from the roof tops either.

I beleive that Starlo and Bushy fished it recently as they wanted to "fish a challanging water" rather than chase easier fish at a comp location. Many of the high profile anglers arent numbers men. The chance to work out how to get at shy fish in hard to fish locations is what they are about. Hence they go to this water.

Yet to a see a local flicking a sandworm off the bank. Last bloke I saw fishing off the bank with plastics was Beevor and he got a donut.

Next time I pass you in me green poly as you are dragging em in give us a wave. I dont hide.
    forum whore hunter

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet to a see a local flicking a sandworm off the bank. Last bloke I saw fishing off the bank with plastics was Beevor and he got a donut.
    Bream donut maybe - but I still got 6 Cocky Salmon

Stu - The Derwent has plenty of shorebased options, and may not be totally on the chew when you're down, but if you PM me a couple of weeks prior to your journey - I may be able to accompany you for a shorebash!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12