Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WA Report #2 - 12th February 2007

Well another week has gone by and the shark sightings in the Canning River have increased. At the time I last checked there were 9 official reports of bull sharks sighted. There were two bull sharks seen together near the Shelley Bridge, which is only a couple of kilometres from where I wade. Lately every time I have been waist high with the wet stuff I have jumped at the splash of a mullet or duck landing behind me. The sightings may make me jumpy but they aren’t going to stop me from doing what I love best. The bigger Black Bream seem to have gone into hiding with only reports of rats about. In the Swan River the chopper tailor are still going strong with a few 1kg specimens about. Good places to try are Mosman Bay, Freshwater Bay, Point Walter, Point Resolution and the Narrows. If land based use small slices and if boating is more your thing try trolling 90mm hardbodies. When the sun sets, further down river in places like the Fremantle Traffic Bridge and the Red Herring, yellow fin whiting are a delicious target for the light tackle angler. A method proving quite deadly is using GULP Sandworms in the blood red colour. The Fremantle moles and beaches north have been very hit and miss for tailor. It can be hot action for one evening session then zilch for the next few. My suggestion is use plenty of berley to get them coming your way or just place yourself close to another fisho’s slick.

Thats it from around town.

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

ActiveAnglerCrew

Terrific snap shot Pete.

Those sharks appear to be a real bloody hassle? Why is there a increase in bull sharks. It is breeding time or are they following in the bait schools?

Nice afternoon pic their also mate.

Cheers

Active Angler Crew.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe we should throw a shark fishing event on the swan

should be good fun on light gear
    So many fish , so little time !

www.ozshop.fscstore.com