Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WA ABT Bream Classic 1

Hi guys.
    Anybody here fishing this event? I'm in with young James again which should be great, and there are a number of the other Team JiggyJigs boys in there. Should be a great event, last years series was incredible, smashing record boat fields and giving away a monster amount of prizes including a Tracker Boat. Definately worth getting involved with if your interested guys.

Check out WA Bream Classic Series

Dave

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

What an awesome day today was!!!

All three JiggyJigs.com teams placed inside the top 10 with a 9th to Brad and Dan, a 6th to James and Myself and an awesome 3rd to Evan and Mitch!!! On top of this, the Evan and myself got to give the Egrell rods we managed to get over in time an awesome chistening.

As always there are the painful tales of the big fish that blitzed the angler away...4lb line really hurts at times, but all up it was awesome to be back into the tournies for the year. Can't wait to get stuck into the next round!

I think today we managed Bream, Tarwhine, juvenile Samsonfish and I got my first ever Mulloway (only a small soapie though).

I'd like to say a massive thanks to the JiggyJigs team members for their support and representation and a massive thanks to Eric and Deb at Egrell Dezignz Rodz for the extra effort they put in to getting Ev's and my rods over in time for the event. I also need to thank James and his sponsor Offshore Marine for the great day on teh water and the use of the awesome Nitro today!!!

Cheers

Dave

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Great result Dave! Sounds like everyone had a great time!

Theo
    Theo Davis
    Far North Qld

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

well done mate, and everyone that represented jiggjigs.

Any pics from the event?
    cheers ando

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear about the top day on the water and the Team JiggyJigs successes.

What did yah get the minisambo and mulla on mate?

Pete
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done guys, Brad mentioned to me he had success on ZipBaits, Khamsin Jr DR which was great to hear.

Hyper Tackle

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

Pete early on we fished grubs and vibes then made the move to a Zippy Khasmin Jr Dr. Got some interest in with the Zippy but found it hard fishing around weed with a suspending lure (water was super shallow) so changed to a Rigge 35F shallow and got some more interest but the fish seemed to be hanging right on the dropoffs in deeper water (it was a low tide) so a move back to vibes was on the cards.

We then moved around to the Yacht Clubs and stuck with vibes which accounted for more bream and the sambo's. To be honest though I'm not sure we boated a single sambo. We hooked a stack but continued to loose them right at the point of bringing them on board. There are heaps of small sized fish there but man there was the occasional largish sambo that would be unstoppable in those Yacht Clubs. I straightened two sets of trebles trying to pull them in yesterday...lol

I know Ev and Mitch had a lot of success all day on the Snapback grubs. Pretty handy placcies on the swan when there are blowies around.

Dave

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Sensational effort to all the Jiggy jigs teams, and to all place in the top 10. That is definately something to be proud of. Congratulations to All involved.

Eric&Deb

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

A happy 6th place Jiggyjigs team
    Attached Images Attached Images
    James

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations again. Nice looking boat setup. The guys in the background are looking pretty smart too.

Eric&Deb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast