Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recent Estuary Action.....

Managed to get out last weekend and fish Georges Bay (St Helens) proir to our Gamefishing mission.

It was a pearler of a day, and we all headed out early with the intention of smacking a few Bream. Apart from seeing a few Bream spook, none actually got on the end of my line A few of the boys got roasted on HB's fishing the racks

Not long into our session, we sort of gave up on the Bream and noticed some familiar surface activity out in the Bay....... Salmon! Headed across and first cast produced a nice Salmon-ella. That's when the fly rods came out! After about 6 Salmon each the school started moving on fast and were hard to keep up with, even with the leccie on full noise. They were fun though.

We had heard reports of some STOMPER Silver Trevally kicking around and went in search. They were hard to locate, as they were on the move with the tide racing out, but once we found 'em - boy did we have some fun!! They pull HARD!! Only managed a few between us and my best went close to 40cm to fork.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

We played around hunting for Kingfish with heavy jigheads on a likely reef, but no love there either

Not much to report after that, we gave the Bream another go in Georges Bay but they were not really on the chew - so headed to the Scamander River and tussled with a few small Bream - well, some of us did

Also managed to catch a dirty Wrasse Mackerel and a decent Rock Whiting. Pulled the hooks on a SOLID Blackback Salmon when he began aerials

Did I tell you these guys pulled hard??