Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Quick Shorebash

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Shorebash

I popped down to the Canning today to catch the end of the run in tide and fish the high slack. We rocked up to Canning Bridge and immediately noticed heaps of fish activity up on the flats as I'd hoped.

I tied on a Zipbaits Rigge Deep 35F first and bam first cast was onto a lil rat bream. I managed another two and lost a couple all in the first ten minutes. All rats though, so we decided to hop under the bridge and fish the pylons around there in the hope of some bigger fish.

I decided my trusty JiggyJigs 2" Tournament Grubs were the go as over the years they've caught more fish for me than anything at this particular spot. Pumpkinseed was the colour of choice purely because thats what I had the most of in my box! Within three casts (all sight casting today) I'd hooked an estimated 35cm fish that managed to ping my leader knot. I was using 4lb leader but thats no excuse for a poor knot which cost me a good fish!!! I was spewing so I tied on a 6lb leader carefully and chucked on another 2" Pumpkinseed grub. Within minutes I was on again to another good 30 odd cm fish...this time I wasn't going to loose him and quickly pulled him and and grabbed a quick photo.

I hooked and dropped another two or so nice bream from under the bridge before the tide went slack and made fishing near impossible with the blowies having a field day and the bream turning very spooky.

A quick move back to the flats using 4" Razor Worms in watermelon produced another couple of rats and a heaps of missed fish from short takes. I probably shouldn't use size 4 jigs on a 4" plastics but I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered changing.

The Egrell S2 handled the fish beautifully and was casting the tiny 35F's a dream. The feel through the rod is just awesome and to say i'm happy with it is an understatement!

Overall a fun little session with my lil bro (who unfortunately didn't manage a fish). Might have to pop down to the swan for these quick shorebashes more often I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JiggyJigs.com
    A fishing Revolution Is Coming...

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Dave.....That's a nice little fish you got there. Looks like a good piece of structure to be fishing around. Sounds like you had a great day. Maybe next time for your lil bro.

Eric&Deb

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Dave, great way to spend some time is shorebashing I reckon.

Pete & I went down to Nth Mole yesterday afternoon to try for some salmon got a chance to see Petes new Engrell Rod "very impressive" no joy unfortunately.

Hyper Tackle