Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Bream Tournament on the Swan!

Guys and Gals

The ABT is running a Bream Qualifier on the Swan River 19-20 May. Entry numbers are seriously low and we are in danger of losing a WA qualifying round is we don't get a good turnout. All the info required is on bream.com.au and the fishing monthly forums. Below is a direct link to the event info. If you are thinking of entering a comp then go for it. If you don't have a boat, enter as a non-boater! You could find yourself fishing in the Grand Final in November over east!

Just for the record I am not affiliated with ABT and am just a concerned competitor who would like to see the sport expand across the country and not dry up in the West as it appears to be doing.

The second link is the entry list, so you can see your name appear as you enter.

If you need any more info send me a PM and I will sort you out.

Cheers

http://www.bream.com.au/abt/Perth.pdf

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/_bb...pic.php?t=4491

BTW I hope this plug is ok with the mods?
    "stocky fireman, family man and fishing tragic from WA"
    Mike Larder, Inside Sport Jan '07

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Get on it fellas.....

Support the event if you are able, get in and smack a few!

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be doing my entry on monday...should be a good comp with the Swan really firing up at the moment!!!

Would love to qualify again this year...prolly wont be able to make it to the GF again (damn uni) but the chance of qualifying alone is enough reason for me to fish it!!!

Get involved guys...ABT is giving us the chance to fish a national comp which is what a hell of a lot of guys are always asking for!!!
    JiggyJigs.com
    A fishing Revolution Is Coming...

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Stu,

I hope they get numbers as it is such a great opportunity and would be a shame to miss out.

Let us know how you go either way.

PS: The posting of yours is fine.

Cheers

Active Angler Crew.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks AA. As a competitor in both the ABT and WABT events I would like to see them work in parallel and be supported strongly in the west. The sport can only grow if we get the support from competitors and of course those wonderful sponsors out there.

On that note, WABT runs a great series of competitions in WA which are well supported by 30+ boats and the equivalent numbers in NB's. Some real hard yards have been put in by a small crew of guys over the past several years and this has led to the sport moving foward in leaps and bounds. I would love to see 40+ boats lined up on a Sat morning for the day1 start wether it be the ABT or WABT event (and you should see some of the rigs now being purchased $30-60k~ price range!!!) But don't let that put you off - my rig cost me $5k and is fully tournament ready)

There's lots of boats and fishos out there who have thought about entering comps but haven't yet. HAVE A CRACK!!!! You won't regret it; new friends, new fishing partners, friendly rivalry, a beer afterwards and two days of fishing! Money well spent I say!

Cheers
    "stocky fireman, family man and fishing tragic from WA"
    Mike Larder, Inside Sport Jan '07

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Stu,

Pleasure mate.

I do believe to progress yourself as a serious tournament fisherman you need to go into competitions to experience it and you never know what relationships you will establish and it is a overall learning experience.

I would like to throw a question out to you and other ABT / WABT fisherman.

Do you think these competitions will eventually lead to the size of the USA comps that being HUGE PRIZE MONEY and RECOGNITION?

Cheers

Active Angler Crew.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Stu,

Pleasure mate.

I do believe to progress yourself as a serious tournament fisherman you need to go into competitions to experience it and you never know what relationships you will establish and it is a overall learning experience.

I would like to throw a question out to you and other ABT / WABT fisherman.

Do you think these competitions will eventually lead to the size of the USA comps that being HUGE PRIZE MONEY and RECOGNITION?

Cheers

Active Angler Crew.

Honest answer...no it wont get that big. I base that simply on the fact that we dont have the population to make it happen. The US is a massive nation and that sort of money can be thrown around without people batting an eyelid. I do think that it will get very large over the east side of the nation due to population, waterways, money, etc etc...but it wont ever get as huge as the US.
    JiggyJigs.com
    A fishing Revolution Is Coming...

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there needs to be a BIG change in government attitude towards rec fishing if this sort of thing is going to be sustainable. Look at the growing interest in comps in TAS. The killer is cost, same situation here in WA. Getting WA anglers to travel year after year with little to no assistance is going to make it hard.

I'd also like to see a national association formed for all state groups to be a part of. To me this is where the future of Nation series will lie.

JMO.
    ----------------------------------------
    There's a fine line between fishing
    and standing on a beach looking like
    an idiot

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Gday Stu.... Is it a random draw?
    Cheers
    Pmac

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes mate, the qualifiers are random draw.
    ----------------------------------------
    There's a fine line between fishing
    and standing on a beach looking like
    an idiot