Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Blue Warehou

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Warehou

Headed out today, with snotties (Blue Warehou/Snotty Trevally) on my mind. Turned up to find a mate, Dicky who I know from our local Tassie forum, on location reporting no bloody fish here. Had the old man with me and started the berley going. I used some of my Mako berley and also had some chook pellet/crayfish/prawn shell/cooked prawn/tuna oil berley mix that I added ( a little, often). After a while sitting in the ripper berley slick coming off my boat Dicky announced that he was going home to mow his lawn, I responded by telling him he should stay a bit longer while pulling a 36cm snottie on board. These things are very dirty fighters and are one of my favourite species to catch and they are pretty good on the chew as well. Dicky left about 30 mins later to run Victa through the green stuff. Ended up having a few good runs of snotties passing through, missed a few, got the old man onto his first couple of snotties. He was rather impressed, reckoned they pulled like young boys at boarding school. Had a few interesting moments with multiple hookups, always results in tears doesnt it. Anyway, ended up with 7 nice fish, a couple of small ones were released, 1 dirty ol couta that made its way into my shark bait tub in 8 pieces, and 1 nice Southern Calamari that made its way into 7 peoples bellies, along with 7 Blue Warehou, filleted, skun and battered and some nice salad and a very nice Crouchen Reisling . Met up with a few fellas at the boat ramp that had another dozen or so fish so there are a few about, just gotta be patient.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice sesh there. Those snotties certainly go off when hooked. Great fun
    Col.