Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: tamar again.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tamar again.

Hi all,
    I went back up the tamar again this morning for a pre-work fish. Interesting little sesh. For a change I decided to throw a bit of berley in and see what turned up. I started off by dropping a couple of pike then scored a cocky salmon and played around with some small trevs which just wouldn't hook up. Finally I got the hooks in a nice one and he promptly cut me off on the oysters. As the berley began to work I had some mullet come in and after that it became a race to see whether the toadies or mullet would get to the lure first. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time up the sleeve and the tide was less than ideal to really let the berley do its work, maybe next week.
    Cheers
    col.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

well done mate, they go hard on light gear
    cheers ando

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Col. Interesting spot that one, you never know what that warm water is going to produce. Saw a nice Searunner there last weekend, rounding up baitfish and it jumped clear of the water twice.