Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Northern Fishing Adventure

This was actually a two week working trip for my brother Allen and me, with some fishing at the end of each day. That was our plan anyway. We started work at Newman, (no fishing there) then went to Port Hedland, Wickham, Karratha, Carnarvon and Geraldton.

We arrived in Port Hedland with the weather gods against us, very high humidity and stinking hot weather. The humidity was so high even my 60L Engel fridge-freezer wouldn’t work properly. Not impressed with it at all. My brother had told me before that they wouldn’t work so good in the humidity, but I thought there was something wrong with his and mine would work better. He’s had two different brands of fridge-freezers before and has experienced the same thing. The Engel wouldn’t even keep drinks at room temperature when it was on freeze.

The tide was so far out I wondered where the water was, so we parked the caravan on the side of the road and decided not to worry about fishing that night. Ten minutes after parking up we got hit by a thunder storm which rocked the caravan from side to side, and we found that the pop top leaked which it doesn’t normally. The storm was so severe it ripped two rubbish bins along side of us out of the ground even though they had been cemented in. Definitely no fishing for us that night.
    Attached Images Attached Images