Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Tamar River

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tamar River

Hi all
    Haven't put a report on the site as yet so this is the first.Yesterday,headed out looking for the elusive Tamar Bream but was'nt to be.However,there was plenty of Austrailian Salmon around so put the Bream gear away and got the Baitcaster out.Probably ended the session with 15 or 16 on the lure and although not big,probably half a kilo pulled them up,was good fun on light gear.Took 6 home and the rest went back.Also got a bonus Tailor around the 1lb mark which would be the biggest I've ever got in the river.Also got 3 Salmon and one small Tailor,which bit through the leader as soon as it was in the boat, on the 4wt Fly rod.So a good session and lots of fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work draggin the fly rod out there Dicky

They must have been fun on the #4 mate

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Im with Beevor... they must have gone well on the #4! Great stuff! Saw a Fly fishermen in action the other day... it is awesome just watching them, let alone pulling fish.

Cheers

Theo.
    Theo Davis
    Far North Qld

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    Saw a Fly fishermen in action the other day... it is awesome just watching them, let alone pulling fish.

Cheers

Theo.
    Yeah-they're pretty good to watch.I'm just agricultural, being more or less self taught. Got plenty of faults.Does'nt really worry me.Can get the fly far enough with not too many wind knots and tangles And get a few fish to boot.
    Cheers

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like me Dicky! Given time and practice we all improve. How light a Tippet were you using?

Cheers

Theo.
    Theo Davis
    Far North Qld

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it's taken so long to get back Theo[been working on King Island] but just straight 6lb mono tied directly onto a braided loop.Works OK.
    Cheers