Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: King Island

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default King Island

Not really Estuary but don't know where else to put it.Just had 11 days on King Island with work but managed 4 sessions of the important stuff.Did'nt really get too much,plenty of Salmon throwing a lure around off the beaches but,unfortunately,no big buggers.The best may have reached half a kilo.Good fun thoughThe only other thing I got was the biggest Squid I've ever seen which fell to a jig from the Grassy wharf.
    As a matter of interest there is some prime Gummy Shark real estate available on the Island.The beaches just drop off into deep water or really good gutters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like a real nice spot to spend a few days even if the fish wern't biting heaps. better if it was just fishing and no work but.
    Danny.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Dicky,

Nice little report mate! Conditions look like they were ace, and the Beach looks really nice under foot.

Talk about Sharks off the Beach... that seems to be the only species I am catching in the white water whenever I am on the Coast. Shovelnose, Gummy... I have even had a mate stand next to me and haul in a baby Hammerhead! Ain't complaining, but with all the talk of Sharks coming alot closer to shore and in the Canals of cities it is definetely something to ponder.

Cheers

Theo.
    Theo Davis
    Far North Qld

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Dicky....

You certainly get to do a bit of Island Hopping with your work hey, poor bugger!

Did you get to poke around any Breammy looking spots? If so, there's probably a good chance of an EP kicking around too

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks beautiful Dicky ...did you go to the cheese factory while you were there ?

Great shots looks really crowded...lol

Rob
    Land Behind , Fish Below , Stories Ahead.....

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Great looking beach and a superb looking squid

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great looking shots Dicky..The one of the squid has some top colors in it.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pics Dicky,

Calamari YUM The beach looks great.Love those salmon jumping all over the place in the surf.

Aaron

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

great spot king island, must get back there,one advantage if its blowing on one side drive to the other!
    one famous golf hole on the course requires a 9iron one day a driver the next.....(over water too so can get a bit tricky)