Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guilderton-Moore River

Decided to go for a beach fish to Guilderton-Moore River aprox 90kms from Perth overnight. I went with my brother Allen and his son in his car. It is 4x4 only and can be really interesting and challenging 4x4ing. We got there late in the afternoon and decided to check out a few different spots so covered a few kilometres along the beach. There was a few others along the way fishing but nothing exciting was being caught by anyone. At one particular spot we came across a 4x4 stuck towing a camper trailer along the beach, He was quite stuck and had stopped trying to get out and was having a beer. There were two other 4x4s with him and when we asked if they needed help they said they were okay,so we carried on. The beach got softer and even we struggled with our tyres let down to around 10-11lbs but we didn't get stuck. We went to the river mouth for a look but decided not to fish there so headed back the way we had come. The 4x4 and camper were still stuck so we gave them a hand and towed ( snatch strapped)them out and got them going again. They were so glad because at this stage they thought they'd never get out. We found a spot a bit further along and settled down for the night. A few small fish like herring-tommy ruffs,whiting and flathead were caught. Also we had big lines out but the only things biting were a few smallish shovelnose sharks and stingrays. Nothing we wanted to keep but it was nice just being there and getting away from it all. Allens son pulled in one of the small shovelnose with a little help from dad and was rapt.
    So a bit of 4x4ing, a bit of fishing, and relaxing, just a nice way to spend a weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

The stuck 4x4.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Allens son with a shovelnose. The grin says it all.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

So not many fish but still a good time was had by all.
    On the way back once on the main road again we came across someone else who did not have a good end to their weekend. Don't know the full story but I'm glad its not my 4x4
    Danny

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Daniel,

I read ya post mate and I could of done with one of those weekends - good friends and family going for a relaxing fish.

I miss the days spending them down Cowley Beach with my old man, lines out all night till about 4am, talking about anything and everything under the stars. We only ever caught barracuda occassionally hooked up on the unstoppables, but just enjoying the sport for what is has to offer.

Nice report and a shame about that upturned 4WD. Hope all passengers / driver is OK. Yucko.

Cheers

Ben

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Danny, nice 4x4 report mate...... I wonder what the story behind that upturned 4x4 was.......
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Hi Daniel,

I read ya post mate and I could of done with one of those weekends - good friends and family going for a relaxing fish.

I miss the days spending them down Cowley Beach with my old man, lines out all night till about 4am, talking about anything and everything under the stars. We only ever caught barracuda occassionally hooked up on the unstoppables, but just enjoying the sport for what is has to offer.

Nice report and a shame about that upturned 4WD. Hope all passengers / driver is OK. Yucko.

Cheers

Ben
    Yeah thats what its all about, I think we need to take the time to do it more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adidaspeteman
    Hey Danny, nice 4x4 report mate...... I wonder what the story behind that upturned 4x4 was
    No Idea, but didn't see anything on the news about it so I'm guessing they survived it.
    Danny.
    Ps Pete when you getting that Walpole report up.
    Last edited by Daniel W; 15-10-2007 at 02:17 PM.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

soon, tomorrow my friend.....
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Allens son with a shovelnose. The grin says it all.

Does'nt it what great shot. Makes me want to get to Fraser Island again I have'nt been 4x4ing for a long time.

Rob
    Land Behind , Fish Below , Stories Ahead.....