Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Swan River night fish-flick

I went for a fish the other night for a few hours down on the Swan River. I started off at one spot and moved to an other a bit later, with fish biting pretty consistantly at both spots. At the first spot the bream started biting just about straight away, not big but plenty of them. "All fish were released" I started using baits then decided I might try my luck with some soft plastics. I'm not normally much of a lure fisher but ended up catching a few quite easily. Quite a nice way to start the evening. I had a big line set out as well but that remained untouched.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

After catching a few I decided that I would try another spot not too far away. This time I thought I'd give hard bodies a go and after about a hundred casts or so I caught a nice li'll Flattie. Probably my first on a lure ( can't remember getting one before) It suprised me with how it jumped on my lure even though I was winding it quite fast. I ended up with two flatties, the other one was only tiny though.
    A bit later I tried for some Chopper Tailor with a twistie lure but didn't get a strike, so changed back to my original hard body. After a short while the choppers started coming on the bite, and I ended up with six choppers to the tally. One size fish went out as a livie and the rest were released.
    Danny

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Some nice fish there mate..Lure fishing the best thats all i do, the lure you are using is it a RMG? Its got nice colors on it.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

I also more of a bait fisher mate but dont mind giving the lures a flick... nice fish!!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Danny, good to see you are playing with some lures. Thats a nice mix of fish there mate.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by virty View Post
    Some nice fish there mate..Lure fishing the best thats all i do, the lure you are using is it a RMG? Its got nice colors on it.
    Yep it's a RMG.... Only know that because its stamped on it. Not a huge lure fisher but have a few various lures in the tackle box. Must be starting to like it cause I just went down and bought a few more. More money to spend.
    Cheers Danny.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Danny,
    Thats a nice little read mate , qiuet a variety of fish for a few hours. Nice way to spend a few hours at night instead of watching the idot box. I can tell it won't be long before you are well and truly hooked on lure fishing if you keep that catch rate up.
    Cheers Stingray.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Danny, give me a shout when you need someone to carry your gear for a fish...
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Going for a beach fish,4x4, relax, drink, camp tomorrow night- overnight into Sun, so hopefully will have something to report on Sunday night- Mon. Going with the missus, so no spare seats this trip.
    Just got to remember to vote before we go.
    Danny.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel W View Post
    Going for a beach fish,4x4, relax, drink, camp tomorrow night- overnight into Sun, so hopefully will have something to report on Sunday night- Mon. Going with the missus, so no spare seats this trip.
    Not much to report fish wise but had a great weekend away. Fishing was hard because of the amount of seaweed that was around. I only fished for big fish this time but came home empty handed. Still was great just taking it easy and relaxing.
    Some pics of our weekend anyway.
    Cheers Danny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast