Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ronje1

Default Qld Fishing mess

Hi

Rec fishing in Qld is in a mess due to inept administration by the Minister Tim Mulherin.

His management style is to stall responses about issues without resolution by firstlly blaming the federal government and then by stating that his Dept (Dept of Primary Industries) is working hard to fix the matter. Nothing gets done.

Mostly the problem is one created by the bloody Dept itself in the first place.

The attached article will probably appear in one of Qld's premier rec fishing magazines shortly.

Its one of a series aimed at getting Mulherin off his backside and start to clean out some of the bureaucratic pultroons which seem to have used Qld DPI as a gathering place.

Ultimately, the aim is get rid of the imept Mulherin.

There's also the odd swipe at a few of the bureaucratic "wannabe" bodies like recfish Aus and Sunfish Qld.

The Fishing and Lifestyle Party in Qld is a single issue political player in Qld in federal politics (at this stage) and is doing a pretty good job to date. I've got no beef with the party but No 2 candidate on the party's senate ticket had a pretty ordinary visit to Rocky in October. Rocky is a "black hole" in terms of representation on rec fishing and he missed a big opportunity to drum up support.

Egos always seem to get in the way of good outcomes don't they?

I met up with Townsville's Kev Collins of the F&Lifestyle party just before the election. They have no great political ambitions except to try to a better deal for rec fishermen in Qld by countering all of the conflicting influences by the commercial sector and some of the extreme conservation views.

Probably no different to the states i guess.

Apparently the Fishing Party from NSW ( with simialar ideals I'd like to think) ran 2 senate candidates in Qld as well. The logic escapes me but I'd like to think that it was simply a misguided attempt to help.

regards
    Rocky Ron

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron,

Please refer to the private message I have sent you. I need to knwo a little more detail before I can assist.

Alternatively, email me the pictures, as per my email address in the private message sent to you, and I will get them up.

Please ensure your pictures size is reduced to enable a upload to occur.

Regards - Ben

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron, i couldn't agree more with your comments on our wonderful minister, I have had dealings with him before and have got the same results, I wonder now that we have a change in federal gov will he still blame them.As far as getting him off his backside and cleaning out some of the bereaucratic pultroons i wish you well as they seem to be realy entrenched in there and are getting more incompentent with the passing of each day.

Cheers Stingray.