Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel W View Post
    It was all down to Adrians Skill at the net. The Bully wasn't to keen to be landed. Hopefully I'll be able to repay the favour soon Adrian.
    As to "Storm Boy" If you fish in the hard times-Wet windy, cold etc You get rewarded every now and then.
    Danny.
    You betcha mate the next ones mine or im pushing you in
    Adrian

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happygilmour View Post
    Nice Bully Danny.

I have caught bully's 50-60km up stream from river mouths. The last one caught was when fishing for wild bass on the upper reaches of the brissy river up from Colledges crossing. I was fishing in my kayak and could see the bullys cruzing the shallows searching for gar and mullet that where everywhere up there.

Did you keep it or throw back? I havnt eaten them before but I am sure plenty do.We used to use live catfish that had their spikes removed to catch them. Best on sunrise/sunset before water traffic/skiers becomes to busy.

Cheers

Aaron
    50-60kms upstream is a fair way up, but then again this one was about 35-40kms up. I reckon they would be up further here too. It would suprise a lot of people though. There was some local fisho's nearby and the reckoned there wouldn't be any big fish up here at all, only bream. Maybe they've never tried.
    It was kept and it tasted just great. When it was caught I bled it and gutted it straight away, then put it in an esky with river water and ice. It was chilled down straight away keeping it in excellent condition.
    Danny.
    Rock N Reel King

Check out my photos Dan's Fishing Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12