Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy - Good report and pic's, you shore do know how to catch big fish mate. Look's like a good start to the year for you and your dad turned up at the right time too.

Got to love bend in that rod top shot.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi All,

thanks for the imput. Joe, nice hat hey!!! I make sure its on my head for the pics. Thanks once again.Mate the mack steaks on the bbq with salt/pepper and a splash of lemon juice on serving was delish!!!

Matt, I was dry for the first half of trip home till we changed couse to follow the coast line and then got a little wet.Nothing like a good face full of salt water spray occasionally.The boat handles better than i thought it would in choppy conditions for what sort of boat it is.Looking forward to zipping around in your speed ship for a fish

Pete, i am sure we will see a story on that rod bend too

Cheers

Aaron

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense as to what happened to my rod. I've had guests with me for a while so the study has become their bedroom. When Happy sends through the rest of the pics from his Dads camera Im sure you'll all have a laugh. You can probably figure out what happens when you consider the following factors;

a. 2 metre Lemon Shark
    b. 7ft Fibreglass Jarvis Walker spin rod that was originally part of a combo from BCF for the huge sum of $29.99.
    c. I've already seen that its just a shark so I dont care much about playing the fish anymore just getting my rig back.

Its ugly!!

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report Azza....

The bend it the rod was always going to end in tears

Nice fish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12