Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Fish For 2008

After all the bad weather we have had here in the South East, Wind and huge seas, i finally managed to get out this morning for a couple of hours, in fact for the first time this year.
    As the high tide was not until around 8am it wasn't an early start, suits me fine, anyway we (my son and i) pushed out around the corner of Woody Point to find quite a joggly confused Moreton Bay, anyway i thought, we are here we will still have a go, we only ran up the coast as far as Redcliffe found some bait schools and started some drifts. As we are both soft plastic's nuts this suited us just nicely.
    After 2 hours the score sheet was, Dad 5 Snapper, 3 just under legal, 1 at 45cms and 1 at 50cms, Son, 2 just under (Snapper), 1 mighty smash up and another hook up which nearly spooled him, in fact i had to give chase with the boat. After a couple of hundred meters he had most of his line back but unfortunately the hook pulled, we are now debating as to what it may have been? Not fast enough to be a Snapper but maybe, also the possibility of a big cod? we will never know for sure.
    Anyway it was good to get out and have a fish.
    Cheers,
    John.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Goog on ya John,

sounds like great fun drifting for fish over the rubbly bottom along redcliffe. I used to do very well of scarbourgh in my kayak fishing plastics for squire.

Lets hope north pine, someret and wivenhoe fill a bit as you need it.

Cheers

Aaron

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

G'Day Aaron,
    Mate there are still a lot of people fishing out of kayaks in the area, they get some really decent fish as well.
    Unfortunately our dams missed out again, totals only up a few percent overall but a little still running in.
    Hope the rise in level dosen't mean we will be looking at a fish kill as so often happens, i know in NPD that there is a hell of a lot of vegetation that will rot and deplete the oxygen levels, got my fingers crossed.

Cheers,
    John.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Obi,
    Nice to see more favourable weather.
    Ha Ha the old Bull and the young Bull battle.
    I tried to get over to Moreton early Saturday morning, a little lumpy and we turned around half way up the Pearl Channel. Pulled the boat out and headed to Peel. Sunday was like Queen St

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

G'Day Captain Stabin,
    Yeah mate it was good to get out, still a bit lumpy though, a lot of trailers at Pelican Park, not many boats out the front, posibilly all up the river.
    I won't say what the young bull said when i boated the the second snapper, not printable, still he had his chances and lost a couple of good fish.

Cheers,
    John.