Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rattlesnake Island Recon

G'Day All,

quick report here following a trip to Rattlesnake Island. HappyGilmour took his brother in his boat and I had my mate Phil onboard. Launched from the Bohle and headed out on glassy waters. I tried trolling deep divers and sounding around whilst Happy found some shallow reefs and flicked plastics. Trolling was unproductive but did give me a good idea of ther terrain. Caught up with Happy who was having a ball with plenty of action from small cod and coral trout of which he had two good keepers. I thought that looked good and tried my hand as well with some placcies that he loaned me. Was lucky enough to pick up a trout also which was great as they are one of the best tasting fish in the sea I reckon.

After a while, I tried trolling again and was rewarded with a 95cm Queenie which took a 9m+ 150mm Predatek in Fireball Red which put up an excellent fight. I was chuffed as it was my first and had been obsessed with my search for one. Things were pretty quiet after that but we got plenty of ideas for next time.

Daryl
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fish Daryl, water looks nice and carm also.

Pat

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got yaself a Queenie. Well done.

Great day trying new ground. Will have to do it again. How did the trout taste???

One of the best eating fish of the sea and damn good looking fish too!

Cheers

Aaron

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Hap,

thanks mate, the trout was fantastic done whole in foil with lemon. Flesh is very white, firm and sweet.

It made the queenie seem very poor in comparison. Will have to rethink which fish I release or keep for crab pot bait in the future!!!!

Cheers for yet another great day of learning, its certainly good to have two boats out for the safety and the ability to cover more ground.

Daryl