Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default short sessions on the Canning

The wind is all over the place at the moment. Depending which way it is blowing different fish have come on the bite. Not the best conditions for yakking but great for wading. All we need is overcast skies and it would be heaven.

I had only been getting a few small rat bream and then i hit my favourite spot and hooked four tailor on a vampire sx40 but only landed one. The school then left but 20mins later little baitfish shower around me..... i wind in my lure and cast at the comotion with an instant hookup, Line goes burning off my little Luvias about 12 times and i call the long slender jumper for (my holy grail) a giant herring. After what seems like a lifetime i am about to beach the giant unknown in the dark and POP lure and fluro bitten off cleanly .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pete,

nice pics and write up. Is that a Tarwhine in the 2nd pic?
    Chopper tailor, the bain of all lure fisho's, the always pic the lure with the lightest leader

Cheers

Aaron