Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gold Coast Breamn

Hey all,

Decided to head south this time and go for a fish around the Goldy with my mate Daniel. We got to our spot around 8:30am, Certainly wasnt early but we didnt really care. Daniel was the first to land a fish, nothing huge but a good start early into the session. I got the next fish, a decent fish at 28cm to the fork. We continued fishing the bank with HBs and managd a few more fish each. No real big ones but still good fun getting them on light gear. I did manage to get another good fish at 29cm on a Jackall Chubby.

After we fished pretty much all that was accessable we moved to the next spot down the road and straight away sighted heaps of good sized fish. A lot of bream and mullet and even some luderick mixed in with them. We persisted throwing everything at em and could not get a touch. It took a while but Daniel finally managed to hook one, again nothing big but still good fun. I threw on a surface lure just to be different and after a few casts had a swarm of bream chase it and smack it down, was awesome to watch! I landed the fish and once again, not huge around 25cm to the fork.

We Still hadn't got that big bream we were after and moved on to another spot that looked awesome. Neither of us had fished it before but it just looked too good to go past. It took a while for us to crack the pattern, but when we did, the fish came in numbers. We ended up getting quite a few fish in this one spot. Landing around 35 fish between us for the day. Not a bad effort I reckon. Daniel managed to get one really good 33cm fish from this spot towards the end and I followed with a 31cm fish that put up a great fight.

We decided to call it a day while we were ahead, with the heat getting the better of us. It was a great little session, good numbers of fish and the size was very good with most the fish being of decent size. Most the fish were caught on Jackall Chubbys in a few different colours and Smith Camions in various Colours.
    All fish were released.

Cheers

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nabs.

Being a fan of the bream your report was a great read for me mate. Interesting to see what works on bream in different areas/states. Top photo's too
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you work your Chubbys and Camions? Do you fish the lures midwater or bump them in the sand etc?
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nabs your getting the hang of this mate...Top photo's love looking at pic's.

I can see myself getting in to bream fishing one day.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

adidaspeteman - I have had more success with the lure just over the bottom, but then again depends on the structure im fishing. With rockwalls I like the lure to follow the contour of the wall down, thats usually where I would use a deeper diving chubby or camion. Fishing the flats, keeping the lure near the bottom has been the key for me, Using a slow constant retreive. The great thing about these lures is that you can get them in shallow and deep so they cover a wide range of scenarios.

Cheers