Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Played with a Kangoku

Bought a couple of nice looking Bassday Kangoku the other day. Had a short session to see how they go and got some smallish bream. the bream seemed to lightly nudge it rather then go for a bite.....

What are others experiences with these?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

I like 'em Pete....

Have caught a few on them, but nothing massive. I like the fact that you can ping them a fair way - Good for deeper flats.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they do get a bit of distance don't they. I noticed the ball bearing has alot of free room to move in the plastic body for casting and neatly locks in when retrieved... Nice lure.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a few as well, only used them a few times but landed a good Golden on the Vib style

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pete........ I love the kangoku's mate...awesome lures, especially in that colour And like Beev said, the extra weight is an advantage when casting, and they suspend really nicely

Only let down are the crappy trebles on them, although in saying that I didn't have to change a treble till the tenth fish a few weeks back.

Mind you, the trebles were ratshit and had a barb busted off each treble. Was socially fishing so it doesn't matter if I land the fish or not

I change the trebles to Gamakatsu TWG's in size 12. Can count on one hand the amount of missed takes or nudges.

Cheers mate

Addict