Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Walpole trip

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Walpole trip

G'day everybody thought i'd fill you in on my family trip to Walpole which is on the south coast of WA . The trip started with an easy drive down and suprisingly well behaved kids on the back seat (bonus) ,after setting up camp at Rest Point caravan park we finnished the day with a great meal and a few cleansing ales at the tavern ahhhhhhh now i feel like i'm on holliday .
    Day one saw superb weather and no time was wasted launching the boat and getting out on the inlet to explore . After choosing a likely spot and setting the kids up i sat back to take in the scenery , whilst idly gazing around i spotted a surface boil with one solitary bird working the boil so up comes the pick and we mosey over . I rigged a 5g Halco Twisty on my Bream rod and fired a cast towards the commotion bingo im hooked up and after a few minutes i get a look at my adveresery as he leaps from the water ,Salmon Trout wohoo ,a few more minutes and he's in the net ready to be admired by the crew and released . Well that was it game on kids were charged with spotting my friend the bird and hence the action Mrs was charged with driving us to within casting distance and i got to have a ball .We managed to find them just about all week untill the weather turned wet towards the weekend , funny thing was every other boat coming from the ramp just blasted straight past without noticing what was going on .
    In between the Salmon Trout action we had great afternoons catching Flathead ,Baby Snapper and Black Bream my young bloke managed his best Bream to date but still refuses to hold them . Twas a great week in Walpole and we will definatley be back at that time next year
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of shots of the scenery
    Attached Images Attached Images

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great place for a holiday, very relaxing and scenic.Those Salmon trout would've been good fun on the bream gear.
    Danny.
    Rock N Reel King

Check out my photos Dan's Fishing Life

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Adrian, I was just thinking about Walpole today and how I miss it and want to get back there. It's a real nice and peaceful place hey?!

I've only got ttiny Salmon trout in the Inlets, how big were the ones you got?

Sounds like you had a great family trip, I am jealous......
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey mate top stuff good to hear back from you nice report and pic's there.

A good range of fish and the young fella want take long and he will be holding them and taking the rod off you to.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adidaspeteman View Post
    Hey Adrian, I was just thinking about Walpole today and how I miss it and want to get back there. It's a real nice and peaceful place hey?!

I've only got ttiny Salmon trout in the Inlets, how big were the ones you got?

Sounds like you had a great family trip, I am jealous......

Hey Pete if i could find gainfull employment down there id be off
    but for now im stuck with the day dreaming
    The Salmon trout went up to approx 35>40cm fiesty little buggers and great fun on the light gear
    cheers Adrian
    Last edited by osprey540; 05-05-2008 at 09:09 PM.