Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMarlinFishingBlog View Post
    . While on the whole the Barra fishing was a little slow we still managed some beauties. The biggest measured 130cm.
    I think I could handle slow days like that. Well done.
    Danny.
    Rock N Reel King

Check out my photos Dan's Fishing Life

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Definately like any river system the majority of big fish will be caught either trolling or with live baits. We were marking lots of big fish at this spot so it was just a matter of getting a lure in front of them.

Beevor, that's a question and a half. I would presume around this size it would be close to 8 years old. It usually takes about 2 years to get to legal size. Happy to report this guy is still swimming. Barramundi have a max legal limit of 120cms and fish this size manage to escape most of the barra nets. It seems the majority of big fish typcially come further down into the gulf.

We travelled up the coast and camped in our boat. We took a limited supply of gear mainly just swags and ate what we caught prefering to sleep in the boat rather than set up camp giving us the freedom to fish any river we liked. Aaron, coincidentally, I/we are getting a bigger boat built and plan to do Barra trips mothershipping up that on the new boat. Scoping out the best spots to fish in advance is always great fun

Luke
    Owner of blackmarlinfishinblog.com & Pelagic Gear Pty Ltd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12