Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Burswood Blue Lip! Part 1.

Its an overcast morning on the Swan. The water is the same color of the dirt I stand on. I arrive at the Burswood side of the Windan Bridge and bump into with a fellow breamer; Michael. A few words are exchanged. He continues, walking away from the bridge with his Shimano Fireblood combo. I see some likely looking submerged structure near the golf course, so off i go with Mojiko rod and Penn Applause 1000 reel in hand.

First cast and the 6lb Fireline zooms off toward the opposite bank with Halco Scorpion attached. I begin the retrieve. Wind, wind, pause, twitch, twitch... I continue this till its time for another cast. I flip the bail arm and prepare to send the lure skyward.
    "YEEEEEHHAAAAAA!"
    I walk toward the sound, finding Michael with a nice fish of almost 40cm. I offer to take a picture of the great fish and then it is released.

I see he has a River 2 Sea Baby Vibe 43 tied on so i tie on one of my own in the 35 size.
    I send out a second cast and begin my retrieve. Small lift, small lift... drop. Again and again i work the little lure till it is at my feet. Another cast. This time I can feel small taps as bream hit the vibe on the drop. "Come on, Come on." I mutter, as though the fish can hear me.

I give the lure a little lift after it has hit the bottom. I feel a light hit and I strike.
    WHACK!
    "YES!" I shout.
    I'm on and the fish is using its powerful, broad sides, trying to escape back to its underwater abode.
    "This will be your first bream on a hard-bodied lure, don't lose him" I think.
    The short yet exhilarating battle ends, with fish on the bank. A nice bream, smaller than Michael's first, yet a great first fish on a hard-bodied lure. After a few pictures it is released to fight again.