Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: backyard bream

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Default backyard bream

Well, maybe not backyard, but I headed down to the local river (about 2min drive) yesterday for a quick yak session with the hope of a maybe a searunner or small flattie. Not much doing at first with 20min going past without so much as a touch. I had then laid out a cast towards a fallen log lying in the shallows when I thought I'd had a touch, a few seconds later, another and then finally a solid hookup, initially I called it for a small flattie but it just didn't feel rightand when it started going nuts and taking line I had no idea what could be on the other end. However in short order I had colour, a lovely black bream, my first since the move south and my first black bream on a metal (I've taken several yellowfin on metals in NSW and other blacks in north and eastern tas on more regular bream lures), so despite being only a little tacker at 31.5cm fork it certainly made my day. At this point I had to pull the pin to get back to the family but I did manage one more fish, a small salmon on the troll on the way back. No pics I'm afraid as I left the camera at home - typical. But its good to know I've got a close option (other than work) even in the closed season.
    Cheers
    Col.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Left the camera at home!!!! Nooooooooooooooooo!! How many times have I told you Col?

Bream on a Spoon is an all-time capture Col, although I'm sure you have it firmly imbedded in the memory bank. Great work mate, I look forward to more backyard reports, just take the bloody camera will ya

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Col Breamski on a spoon

Ya Bloody Legend !