Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Top report Talina,

Love the pics and run down. Did the other rmembers of the group do as well?? Shame you had the strong winds and cold front that slowed the fishing down.

Did you end up popping out the front and chasing pelagics or reeefies?

Cheers

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Aaron...Between all of our group (6 boats) everyone came home with fish. It wasn't all necessarily barra though as the barra were mostly being caught on lures & a few of our group are Bait fisherman, so they came home with a good feed of Mangrove Jack, Salmon, Grunter, Gigantic Bream (up to 35cm) etc etc so everyone was happy!

& no unfortunately we didn't get outside at all...A couple of our best barra spots are across at the Islands around the rocky headlands but this year the wind just didnt give us a break! I spoke to a group that had spent a week outside on a House Boat & they said they were experiencing 3m swells at times, which as you know would be extremely ugly!!

Aaron, the area has endless options when it comes to fishing (Both Estuary & Bluewater). It would be absolutely awesome to be able to take 6-8 weeks off, have both a small boat & a big boat available so you could explore the whole area as I have no doubt that there is still allot of fishing spots around the place that are still untouched

I just have to keep putting the lotto in I suppose

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi T,

Well you've made one person in my household (okay 2!) very jealous indeed. Looks like a great trip was had by all not just the fishing but the eating too. Luke and I just came back from a wet long weekend at Fraser. The wind didn't let up for us either so we spent most of it indoors.
    K
    Owner of blackmarlinfishinblog.com & Pelagic Gear Pty Ltd.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hi Talina
    Great read and some awesome pics. Looks like an memorable trip to a wonderful part of this beautiful country of ours.

Cheers Phil

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi T,

I cant believe I didnt write anything about your big adventure - argh!

Those photos are terrific T and such a great report. And Yes, those photos look even better when people are wearing the activeangler.net shirt -

Even though the action was down a little - it still didnt take away the fact you had a awesome trip.

Did you get busted up by any big barras or unstoppables???

Cheers - Ben
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12