Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Working for winter bream

Well saturday morning came as I woke to my alarm blaring in my ear, after a hairy night the night before I woke my good fishing buddy Ben up and we were off to wake up some of our local bream.

Rugged up and ready we were at our local by about 6am and straight into it. Wasnt long before I was onto the first fish of the day, which came sooner than I thought, but was only a hungry little bream not quite big enough for a photo so he went straight back. Soon after the newly aquired strike pro pygmey was chomped by a salmon trout and he also went back into the drink.

It was a fair amount of time between fish but the next bream came in falling to the same strike pro pygmey slowly worked past some structure after what seemed to be a pretty lazy fight on the breams behalf it was flapping at my feet. That one ended up being the biggest for the day only going 33cm

(Excuse the used and abused tape measure I need to win a truth mat!!)
    With the fish being very hard finicky there were a few lost fish, from what we think were just being lip hooked and as we were fishing fairly structural areas we had fairly tight drags.

But I did end up catching a few more bream around the 30cm mark, and Ben ended up refining his camera skills for the day. It was hard work, fishing for about 5-6 hours for the 4 bream, but 3 of them were legal, and they all fell to hard body lures worked really slow and suprising enough, considering how cold it was, the fish werent as deep as I thought they would be.

It was a good day and tough but worth getting out of the house and just fishing after not fishing for the last few weeks, (it was killing me!) So I will leave you with a couple of other photos from the day. Hope you enjoy!

It's not the size of the fish that counts, its how you caught it!!

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a good days breaming by my standards (Especially here in perth this time of year). And like ur signature says: "It's not the size of the fish that counts, its how you caught it!!" Nice work. keep it coming.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

A few Bream is certainly better than a donut my friend!!

Good work

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter breaming can be tough stuff, with the fresh flush, cold and dirty water. Nice work pinning into a few, makes me want to brave the cold and wet here in Perth.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys guys, yeah it can be fairly tough with all those contributing factors but over here I have caught some bigger fish when its like this

Cheers

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a few more from today nothing huge but hey its more fish, and damn it was cold today with the rain and cold wind blowing!

Cheers

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

well done nice fish

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is one my fishing buddy got as well...