Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jacobs Well 10th August 2008

Today we had a good turn out for the Jacobs well trip with 6 people turning up. Myself, Dwayne Hogan, Ben Walker, Graham (chatten), Toni (estaury girl) and Rick (Indenial) all met at the boat ramp at 6am ......(well most did, some arrived a bit later).

The day was pretty slow overall, presumably from the cold snap the east coast experienced last night (I had ice on my car) and the amount of boat traffic on the water for the first time in a long time after all the rotten weather we have had.

Dwayne got himself a stonker 65cm flattie on a Squidgy flick bait which gave him a bit of stick, and not long later in the day Indenial lost his yakfishing virginity landing his first yak caught fish which was a nice little 39cm flattie. These results saw "Team Tempo" formed early in the day.

After some slow fishing, and a premature presumtion of victory , Team Tempo called it a day and made tracks for home, heads held high, leaving the rest of us fishless.

After a quick bite to eat, and a stretch of the legs, the remaining crew got straight back into the fishing. Within minutes of recommencing the fishing, I landed a nice 45cm flattie, and not long after that hooked into and landed an even nicer 50cm specimen. Both fish were caught on an Atomic prong fitted to a 2gr jig head and fished slow rolling along the bottom.

We continued to fish, but there was alot of boat traffic on the water, and a few clowns behind the wheels, so we decided to call it for the day.

I would like to thank everyone who came for coming, and also a big thankyou to Dwayne for an excellent topic of conversation that kept us entertained for hours. I look forward to our next outing

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see ya out in the yaks... boat trafic would b a pain in the but around there...
    I need less fishing gear and more fish....

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Keljad, a nice flatfish trip. I'm yet to yak fish with someone in a group.

GO THE YAKS!
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Kel - Top stuff there good to see some action out of the yak.