Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pimpama 17th August

Well, a group of us yakers got together agian on Sunday for a big lizard session for a nice day out down the Pimpama.

A varirety of techniques were being used ranging from hard bodies, plastics and bait, all with success, but plastics and hard bodies were the most productive.

Area's targeted were creek mouths and sandbars using the run out tide to pull our plastics off the drop offs and into the gullies, and some hard bodies were trolled around the edges of the channels with success also.

Succesful patterns for the day were lively lures micro mullets, and a variety of flickbait and prawn style plastics.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report fella's and some nice lizards.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Keljad - A nice session in the yak's mate. Do you fish out of your yak most of the time ?

Top work!!

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by virty View Post
    Keljad - A nice session in the yak's mate. Do you fish out of your yak most of the time ?

Top work!!
    Thanks,

yes, I fish out of the kayak almost all the time mate. Occasionaly I slap on the hiking boots and venture up some remote bass and trout streams, and even more occasionaly I go out to the banks with mates in their boats.

I got some good GPS co-ordinates for some reefs ranging from 500m, to 5kms offshore from the gold coast that are getting supplied to me from a boating mate, so I will be busy taking the kayak out to each one of those during summer

I will of course post up my reports on those also.......but not the gps points

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Lizard session again mate, the conditions here in Perth are getting nice for a flatty bash. Hopefully I'll get into some as nice as yours Keljad.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...