Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cattle Creek

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cattle Creek

Hi all just want to get some information i have always wanted to fish cattle creek just north of townsville. I was wondering if any one has been there and if you can offer any info regarding what it is like any problems getting there ect.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chris,

Robbo80 (Peter Robinson) is the member to ask as he does alot of fishing in there, you can PM him here http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum....php?u=937...I

I personally haven't been in there myself as yet but I am hoping to in the up & coming month. In your boat, you are going to have to travel around from Chrystal Creek which requires some decent weather. There are apprentaly some good rock bars at the mouth as well as a submerged Yacht with a mast that can cause damage if you dont know where it is. Best off sussing it more out with Pete.

Good Luck & if I get there before you do, I'll fill you in with more info

T
    No excuse - Just get out there and live it !!

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Talina i will do a bit of research before i go so all and any info is greatly accepted.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

I also want to fish cattle.. We might have to do a group trip and take a few boats and go exploring!!!

Hey T, might have to do a meet and greet trip at Cattle.

Can you camp near the mouth????

Cheers

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

The group trip idea could be good i am sure there would be a few people in the same situation as me and happy who have wanted to go but have not. Good idea happy

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thats sounds like a plan.....& yeah Aaron you can camp at the mouth so we will have to make the weekend of it!! Leave it with me hey & I'll see what i can organise on the up & coming month.

T

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Many many many many many many years ago........ I used to drive up the beach from crystal and camp at Insulator Ck. Launch the boat from there and motor around. Haven't been there fro many years but in the times we couldn't get to cattle, insulator fished quite well!

Matt C
    Last edited by Mak579; 27-10-2008 at 02:15 PM. Reason: I can't spell!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Matt, yeah i know the boys have been taking about launching at Insulator but we just need to suss out what the track is like as the last we heard it is pretty rough & I really dont like the chances of getting boats such as Aarons & Chris's through there

Will do some more homework & get back to you all

T

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries Talina,

my mates used have a 4.35 tinne with a 40hp, head down at low tide to drive on the sand but I'm talking over 10 years ago and I haven't been back since...... everything's probably changed by now!!

Nice to see it's not blowing any more.....

Matt C

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh i am with talina i would have to check the track out i should have time this coming saturday afternoon to go up for a quick drive. Depending on what the track is like i may have a bit of trouble in getting my 5m quintrex hornet on it tandum trailer down it but we can see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast