Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a catch, great effort. Wish we got em here...
    col.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge Salmon mate, did it put a big grin on yah face????
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da_houghsta View Post
    are they what you were targeting? or a bycatch?? wish we had that sort of thing here lol. would destroy my bream gear
    Yeah mate, was targeting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Awesome catch Troy!! gezz you have them sorted don't you!! Brisbane River as usual?
    Yeah mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico de rooy View Post
    Thats a nice fish mate , hey troy i think your going to have to come out in my boat 1 night and show me how to catch one , i have tried so much in the brissy river but i just can not seem to get one . if your keen let me know . are you fishing towards the mouth or in further near jindalee . i have only tried around the pipe line at the mouth with mask vibes , sp's and livies with no luck , im pretty sure i have had a couple on sx40's but the hooks pulled on me .
    I like to keep most of my spots close to my chest . A couple on SX40's, I'd like to see that. Bit arsey to get even small ones on SX40's. What makes you think they were Threadfin? All I can say is put in the hours and fish hard and you will find fish. Fish live baits in the lower reaches and you will catch fish as long as you have a general idea. I have caught the majority of my Threadfin on live bait from the Hamilton stretch over the last few years.

I fish very differently to Gavin Dunne (Usually) who is a Thready catching machine and still pull a few. I don't report most of the time as it only brings attention to me and where I fish. It seems no one wants to work for their own fish anymore. Not having a go at you, anyone who wants one in their right mind will ask. But yeah, I'm secretive to put it simple . I like sites like this as it's got a mix of people from all over the country and not high South-East Queensland population.

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Nice work Troy, I'm envious. Any red fish yet? Say g'day to Robbie 4 me.
    Nar Dids, no Redfish. Haven't given them a shot with the quality of yellow ones on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    That would have to be the biggest Threadie that I have ever seen...Do they actually get any bigger then that??

Although I have seen Metre plus ones up here in Townsville, I haven't seen one that big & thick!!

Awesome effort Troy!!
    Yeah they get bigger. Have caught plenty on live baits and a few on lures between 110cm and 130cm. I have seen 2 or 3 over 130cm in the flesh both caught on livies. I posted up a 130cm on the dot fish awhile back caught from the mouth. I have heard of people catching them over 140cm but I think they are pulling themselves personally.

Troy

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Troy, thanks for your answers, and I can understand why you would prefer this site over an other site I won't mention here They are a great bunch of blokes here also witch makes the whole feel of the site much better too!!

Nico and I will hit up the Hamilton section of the river a few times soon and see how we go! We both have never caught one (I think!) but we have only given them a go a couple of times. hopefully we can post a pic of one or two sometime in the next few weeks

Cheers
    Brandon...

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Faaaaarrrrrrrk! Troy, great fish there man. You guys certainly do have something well and truly nailed down, so being secretive with your spots is completely understood. After all, you've done all the hard work.

Nice plug for AA too.
    Ultralight RULES!!

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

That is great i would love to see on 130 - 140 that would be just a monster fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12