Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default One Of Those Days

After a week of 40 knot nor easters and a bad dose of cabin fever.I woke early this morning to find no wind and a predicted temp of 35c.It was a quick phone call to my mate let's go. After a 10 min boat trip to the other side of wallis lake to pick him up. Away we went to one of our favorite spots after 20 mins nothing so when spot x dosen't work you go to spot y.Upon reaching spot y after the usual sniggering through fences and oyster leases we finally got in side to find the tide was pouring in at a rate of knots.So With the electric motor going flat out to keep us in one spot we both looked at each other and said not today. 2 casts later we had to eat them words for the next hour and a half we caught flathead after flathead we had double hook ups I'd catch one he'd catch one not one fish under 50cm biggest went 67cm.They were so aggressive they were pulling like fish twice their size it was like they were on steriods. I reckon we could have stayed all day catching them but with the temp rising It was getting to hot so we left em biting. So its flathead fillets for tea washed down with a icy cold king brown.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice ripper Flathead session BreamBanger, what's the lure in the pic??
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how that cabin fever is the weather has been so bad its a great to get out and have a fish.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Breambanger.
    I've got to go out in the bay and get myself some of those flathead you're talking about.

I've eaten many varieties of fish...and l have to say Flathead is still my favorite....Even though Spanish makrel eaten the same day is also very yummy.
    I'm thinking that soft plastics did the job for you? More information please?

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys the lures were .My mate was using a squidgy colour Lemon Chicken matched with a 1/8oz round head jig with a 2/0 matzuo sickle hook. I was using a squidgy poddy matched witha 1/4oz bullet head jig with a 3/0 matzuo sickle hook.we also used S Factor scent which comes with the squidgies.We used a slow retrieve with fairly aggresive twitches as well as bouncing them along the bottom.Keep a look out for an up coming episode of ET'S fihing adventures which features the Forster fishing carnival particualy the Squidgies Forster Flathead Classic. Check the website for details www.forsterfishingcarnival.com.au
    Attached Images Attached Images

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate just a quick question what size squidgy poddy is it. That lemon chicken looks a good color.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

the poddys about 70mm long

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate