Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default just jiggin' with it!

Seeing some nice Bream photo’s on AA, got me out of bed early today to meet up with Da_houghsta for a fish. We started down river of the Swan around sunrise, it was calm and the sky put up a dawn show.

We could see the bream but the blowies got to our lures first almost everytime…… This is very frustrating. We did manage a few though. Got some greedy goblegutz too (mini Dhufish lol).

We changed spots a few times and Ben pulled in a variety of fish including wrasse, tailor, flounder and a stack of grunter. Me, well I just got the odd grunter and rat bream on the new strike pro cyber vibe. Nice little blade at a great price of around $12.

I think a trip down to Walpole is due. Da_houghsta and Jugglerman start a packin’ !!!!!
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate well done

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done fellas, still haven't got the hang of these metal vibes yet, but you know what they say, 'practice makes progress'.
    Were you just vertically jiggin' along pillons, or casting it out and bouncing it along the bottom?

Cheers Nath
    It's not about the fish, it's about fishing!

Real men wear PINK!

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

new strike pro cyber vibe.
    i had a look at these the other day how do u rate them mate.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nath86 View Post
    Were you just vertically jiggin' along pillons, or casting it out and bouncing it along the bottom?
    We tea-baged them along pylons, rockwalls and hulls mostly in search of bream and at sited bream. Every so often we cast and strait retrieved quickly for tailor or aggressively jigged for tailor and grunter.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ethan View Post
    new strike pro cyber vibe.
    i had a look at these the other day how do u rate them mate.
    They are good, a nice tight vibration, holographic or chrome paint job and owner hooks. I have only used them once so far and need to fish them a bit more to see if they compete with the vx's. 2/3 the price of the vx's is good too.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Pete,

looks like a nice session buddy, beats being at work!!!!!

Those blades look good. If you can source them, look out for Evergreen Little Maxs. They are a blade lure that I was using on bass 4 or so years ago. Awesome lures and great action even on a slow slow roll which other blades at the time Eg Jackall version.They were a sectret go to lure then...

Here is a pic of a bluegill version

They come in various weights and lengths too.

Cheers

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea it was a good morning, just a shame the weather turned foul towards the end. Loved those Strike Pro's myself, but I only used the one (and then lost it to what I think was a Tailor). What annoyed me about today though, was the amount of times I hooked up (especially that big thing in our 1st spot), only to have the hooks pull... Ah well, thanks for the company Pete - next time I get the biggest yea? I think I'm due for it :P

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you guys getting into some vibe action. No fish on lures for me of late- just been cheating.....yep stinky old bait!

Did take the wife & little ones down river for a looksie at some crabs & got a couple of blackies before the blowies moved in.

Bit early in the season (all throwbacks) but still fun.

Remember to apply sunscreen

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

yea i saw a couple of crabs downriver, though only 1 would have been size (saw it fending off a bream hahaha). next time i do an evening bream session - im taking some drop nets with me for sure

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast