Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Pete!! I am yet to catch a Bream on one of them little vibes.. Sure it won't be long though

Cheers
    Brandon...

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

nice one fellas, fun sesh by the sounds.
    col.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job fella's!!!! Its great to see fellow Active Anglers Members make time to catch up & do what we all love & to get amongst the fish as well, just tops off a fantastic trip!

I love that first photo - It looks like there was something up in the sky. Is it a bird, is it a plane....no its just a lure!!
    No excuse - Just get out there and live it !!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happygilmour View Post
    Well done Pete,

looks like a nice session buddy, beats being at work!!!!!

Those blades look good. If you can source them, look out for Evergreen Little Maxs. They are a blade lure that I was using on bass 4 or so years ago. Awesome lures and great action even on a slow slow roll which other blades at the time Eg Jackall version.They were a sectret go to lure then...

Here is a pic of a bluegill version

They come in various weights and lengths too.

Cheers
    Hey mate, Me and Da_houghsta have been looking at getting them but they are a bit larger and heavier then the size we like to use. They do look pretty shmick though and as soon as I recover from my dental expenses I will invest in a few........ mmmmmm toys!!!!! lol
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da_houghsta View Post
    Yea it was a good morning, just a shame the weather turned foul towards the end. Loved those Strike Pro's myself, but I only used the one (and then lost it to what I think was a Tailor). What annoyed me about today though, was the amount of times I hooked up (especially that big thing in our 1st spot), only to have the hooks pull... Ah well, thanks for the company Pete - next time I get the biggest yea? I think I'm due for it :P
    Always a pleasure goin' for a fish with yah Ben.....
    That big thing you lost looked like something good by the look of the bend in your graphite....... I wonder what it was, skippy, sambo..........

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jugglerman View Post
    Good to see you guys getting into some vibe action. No fish on lures for me of late- just been cheating.....yep stinky old bait!

Did take the wife & little ones down river for a looksie at some crabs & got a couple of blackies before the blowies moved in.

Bit early in the season (all throwbacks) but still fun.

Good stuff jugglerman, I think me and Ben are gonna try get some this weekend.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I just found out about these blades...... gonna have to get some! I like the rattle idea.

Designed by Matt Fraser of Nitro jighead fame, Berkley Big Eye blades feature an inbuilt sonic rattle chamber. The sonic rattle combined with the blades natural vibrating shimmy creates incredible fish attracting ‘noise’. Add to this oversized 3D eyes for maximum reaction, multi-positional tow points for different actions, vibrations and sonic frequencies at different retrieve speeds plus dual tail hook positioning options and you have an incredibly versatile lure design that can be fished in both deep and shallow situations. At 34mm in length and weighing in at 4.6gms the Berkley Big Eye blade represents a bite sized morsel to any self respecting predator.
    Pro tested and endorsed by the Berkley Pro team - Mark ‘Mango’ Mangold won the 2008 Gippsland super series while testing the Big eye blades, you can’t get a better test result than that!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Do they really need the rattle though with the amount of vibration they put out? It might spook some of the fish, but then again, could make it even better. Only one way to find out

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll have to test them hey?!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I thought I would add a couple of my pics from the session. my sunrise pics didnt turn out as well as yours for some reason lol, mabey actually using a camera does sometimes help .

The bream shots were a little out of focus.. oh well, next time. Looked good, just a bit more light would have helped.

This is the Wrasse I caught off a jetty, I did hook 2 others, but only landed this one. Same type of battle that I've had with these before (ie none, just very heavy), but lucky it didnt damage the lure like other ones have before.

These are two very unlucky fish, a Grunter and a blowie. I thought I was onto something big until they came into view as those Grunter fight well above their size anyway. And despite how it looks, they are both hooked on the single front treble!! Was hard taking a photo as the Grunters dont stay still more than 2 seconds.

Next time I'm taking my camera with me for sure - if I can find it hahaha!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast