Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

I also went back down to our first spot Tuesday morning just on dawn, hoping to get into some more bream. I didn't end up with a single bream however, or a tailor.

Similar morning to monday's session, however the wind picked up pretty quickly.

I was using a silver TT Switchblade, as it was still tied on from monday, and within 5 minutes of casting out, I managed to pull in a nice flounder. My 3rd now on metal blades in just weeks. I think I have only ever caught two or three previously. This was exactly 25cm - legal size, however it went back. Photo is it on its back showing its pearly belly. Both photos I took turned out blury for some reason, though this one was a little better.

I decided to switch over to a Smith blade, as I had just retrofitted an owner treble, and wanted to give it a good workout. It was the white colour with holographic sides (and I've just found out the back glows in the dark as well). Its qite good, a strong vibration, though not as quick as the ecogear and needs a bit more speed to vibrate. After a while I had another massive hit like I did on monday while casting out and doing a fast bottom bounce, 3 very quick runs pulling a lot of line off my spool very quickly desipe a rather tight drag (for 4lb at least). However unlike monday, I managed to see it before it threw the hooks as it jumped near me. It would have been about 45cm+, quite long and skinny with a big mouth. I'm thinking it may have been a jagged Mullet, but it didnt really look like one, nor a bigger Tailor. Only other fish I think it resembled was a Giant Herring, but I'm not going to claim that, as I only saw a glimpse, and could have been anything.

After that, I didn't get another hit for a while, so I switched back to the TT. Third cast and the lure came up very solid. Not much fighting, but was very hard to pull in - like a rock. When I finally got it into view I saw it was another Flounder, probably a bit over 30cm. It was hard to get in as I would say it had stuck itself to the bottom. However it got off as I lifted it out of the water. The very next cast, I again came up solid with something that felt like the flounder. But with the Flounder I could feel some movement at least, whereas I was sure this was a rock for sure. I was close, but I had managed to hook a Blue Manna! Undersize of course, and I'm sure I jagged it, but given where I hooked it, it looks like it may have actually had a go at it!

After that, nothing for a while, just a single herring, so I went home as the wind was picking up again.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice crab the tt's realy do catch every thing.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

You've cracked the flounder code Ben!
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123