Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Quiet day on the bay

Hi Guys

I can't lie in my first post so I will admit that I couldn't catch a cold yesterday. The first mate ( wife ) managed two very nice size flounder
    and a couple of nice whiteing. No pictures as I told her the batteries in the camera were flat , she gave me enough stick without pictures to proove it. All our flathead were just under size and Botany Bay was alive with baby snapper which attacked everthing ( good news for the future.)

Still a great day on the water.
    Cheers
    Sully

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sully, Me and Da_houghsta went crabbing yesterday and between pulling nets we also jigged up a heap of baby snapper, A legal size would have been fun on our bream gear. Will snapper schooling usualy be pretty much all the same size length?
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Peter
    I'm certainly not a Snapper expert as I don't venture offshore to fish for them,
    but all the small ones we caught were pain size not pan size only around 15cm
    but they were all around the same size.

Cheers
    sully

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehehehe...Hope you get your revenge the next time you take your wife out...I out fish Rita all the time without stirring her...but the one time she out fished me l never heard the end of it.
    As far as schooing little snpper...we get heaps in Port Phillip Bay as well, and usually they are all within 3cm of each other.
    P.S. Its very nice that your wife is your first mate too!