Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am the rat king!!!

With such beautiful weather the last few days, I've been trying hard to get into a few bream. So far I've managed to get a few, but the size is just not there, in fact its no-where to been seen. Still, it sure beats watching the t.v.

Cheers Nath
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not about the fish, it's about fishing!

Real men wear PINK!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good day out, I think the Bream seem to have retreated to the deeper water a little bit, hopefully over the next few days it should pick up a little as the temperature is getting to mid 20's (although looks like its gunna be a windy week...). Thats a really nice looking lure as well, i havn't seen it around before. There is a similar colour I saw in the R2S popper range, I'll have to keep an eye out. I'll be trying to hit some of the Belmont/Burswood areas this week i think, will have to dust off my ecogears and give the blades a rest

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, has been fun chasing them, thats actually been over the last few days around the East Perth area ( I think you can see the Garret road bridge in one of the pics and the canning bridge pic is actually from the other week), but all for the same result really.
    You would have more than likely seen the lure, its just an sx40, the fish just make it look a bit different because they are so small and the camera is on the makro setting I think its the last one on the chart if that helps, its really the only lure that I used over the last few days, with slowish retrieve with a couple of twitches and the odd pause for good measure - garanteed to catch a rat

Real men wear PINK!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea i knew it was an SX-40 sorry, but it's the colour I hadn't seen before - it looks different on the colour chart - looks better on your photos.

The bream seem to be getting a bit hard to find at the moment, and not that aggressive (might just be me though).

I havn't fished the garret bridge in ages now, never had any luck near there with lures, although that's where i started my bream fishing. Not that far away for me either - I live near Belmont Forum, there's a few good spots close by.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Nath, and the photos you always post are great mate!
    That last fish picture. What fish is that? It has a very simular shape and finage to a breram, but the markings are very diffrent, and pretty.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks for the report Nath, some of those photos are rippers...I hope your going to enter a couple in the Lethat Lures Photo Comp..

I would go fishing & catch rats all day any day as I suppose thats better then no action at all...like your signature says "Its not about the fish, its about the fishing"

Those little fella's are gutt's aren't they....The lure is nearly bigger then them!!
    No excuse - Just get out there and live it !!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by da_houghsta View Post
    Yea i knew it was an SX-40 sorry, but it's the colour I hadn't seen before - it looks different on the colour chart - looks better on your photos.

The bream seem to be getting a bit hard to find at the moment, and not that aggressive (might just be me though).

I havn't fished the garret bridge in ages now, never had any luck near there with lures, although that's where i started my bream fishing. Not that far away for me either - I live near Belmont Forum, there's a few good spots close by.
    From memory (he's taken up new residence on a snag), I think it lost a bit of that shine in the picture to look a bit more natural.
    Yeah I'm definately struggling with the bream, but i know if i keep on plugging away at it Im bound to get into a few reasonable ones soon.

I do most of my fishing around that area as I live just a few streets back close to Mercy Hospital, so if your ever keen for a flick drop me a pm.

Cheers Nath

Real men wear PINK!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    Thanks for the report Nath, and the photos you always post are great mate!
    That last fish picture. What fish is that? It has a very simular shape and finage to a breram, but the markings are very diffrent, and pretty.
    Cheers TU, Im not 100% but I think here they call them yellow tailed grunter, but Im sure someone can clear that up for us both. Theres been heaps around, and almost catching as many as the blowies.

Cheers Nath

Real men wear PINK!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    Hey thanks for the report Nath, some of those photos are rippers...I hope your going to enter a couple in the Lethat Lures Photo Comp..
    Maybe, but I'm hoping to get a few bigger ones before the month ends

Real men wear PINK!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nath86 View Post
    Im not 100% but I think here they call them yellow tailed grunter, but Im sure someone can clear that up for us both. Theres been heaps around, and almost catching as many as the blowies.
    That's what I call them too...

Da-houghsta loves 'em....lol He is their mater!

I'll hopefuly contact you soon Nath for a bream session. Get a few vx35's and Strike pro cyber vibes and we'll go jig jig.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast