Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Flicking for tailor-part 2 AA boys

Went for another flick for tailor last night, and a couple of other Active Angler boys had the same Idea. We all turned up at the same spot within a couple of hours of each other. We started flicking a variety of lures, and at first it was hard going. Eventually one or two tailor started turning up and we all got stuck in. There were a lot of small ones and just a few good ones, to make it an interesting night. Everyone that was there ended up hooking and releasing quite a few. I again had big lines set out all night with livies but not a touch again.
    Danny.
    Rock N Reel King

Check out my photos Dan's Fishing Life

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

My best tailor for the night and a flathead, plus another fisho with her tailor.
    Danny.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rock N Reel King

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Danny....That's what l like to see, people fishing and having fun!
    Looks like you guys got your very own mini Meet & Greet happening there too!

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks good to see you out having fun.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Was good to get out and about the choppers again. That wind was blowing at us and white-capping but we still managed to get amongst them with the sluggs and blades.

Joe, it was a bit like a micro M & G.

Some pix from the 2 sessions

Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well was a good night - apart from the wind. it also showd that the blades may not be as good as i thought, as i only got the single fish on the blade, all others caught on a slice. i think if the wind had been nicer, i would have done better though, also if i stopped getting snagged from 'just seeing if there are any bream about" lol :P

good meeting ya danny, hopefully we bump into each other another night. shame there wasnt anything bigger.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

After you guys left it was quiet for a while then a bit later they started really getting hungry. Then they got into a bit of a feeding frenzy that lasted until when I left at 6am. i could stop for half an hour or more, then flick out a lure again and they would be fighting over it. A fish a cast.
    Danny.
    Rock N Reel King

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some awesome fun guys well done!!!
    My first real success with poppers was on choppers one night, We were fishing under a bridge for Bream and kept seeing these fish smashing stuff on the surface, we started using un-weighted plastics but 1 fish a plastic wasn't that good.... So we thought why not poppers About 3 hours latter Nico and myself would have landed about 50 choppers each!! most of them going 20cms or so but still soo much fun to catch!!

Cheers
    Brandon...

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Kicking Ass fella's!