Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I went back last night with a couple of our forum members Peter Smith and Jono Pace and had another go, Peter Smith Landed 4 fish for 4 cast and only used 2 baits... 1st cast a nice big whiting which inhaled his hook... on removing the hook he removed the guts and left it on the hook... 2nd cast saw the bait not even make the bottom in 1 foot of water before the second biggest Flathead of the arvo was landed... cast 3..same again hit the water and BANG hooked up and screaming line.. all on 2kg braid and 3kg leader... the biggest Flathead of the session landed (is the photo of Peter holding it up) and out goes the whiting guts again cast 4... same thing hits the water and a big flatty comes up and just rips it... and a tone of line before finally breaking the braid... well that was a good start to a nice evening...

Peter landed another flathead, Jono got a few fish a nice little trevelly which had him enjoying 2kg Mono line. ( Jono never fished with this light gear before). I managed a few whiting and a couple of bream ...

I need less fishing gear and more fish....

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Tasty feed there for you lads, a good trip out 'eh?
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done on the big lizard Shane mate.

Pete had me amazed at the way he was casting, and not even hitting the bottom before a flatty would make a mad dash with his hook.

haha, and Shane is a madman. Great guy to go fishing with. Very generous. Thanks again shane. Looking forward to another night of fun.
    Last edited by Pacey; 02-12-2008 at 10:29 AM.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Shane
    Nice fish and great report. That fella Peter Smith, can you ask him next time you see him if he went to Mirani High School.
    Hope all is well in life and at the business. Boat still going great from when you serviced a few months ago by the way.
    Cheers
    Birko

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

hey, I went to Mirani High School.

Graduated in 1998, and we've got our 10 year reunion on this friday night!

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Realy light gear is a lot of fun well done guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12