Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Swan River night fish

Went for an all nighter Sunday night in the river. First I tried at the Narrows Bridge for about four hours but couldn't get anything. Not a sign of any tailor or anything else except for blowies. So decided to try a bit further up river and go for a few black bream instead. Ended up with at least 14-15 catch and release, and could of caught heaps more but just sat back with big lines out after I had my fix. I didn't measure any properly but the cork grip on my rod is aproximately 29cm. None of the bream were real huge but most were just legal or over size (aprox 25cm-to a bit over 30cm.) and good fun on the flick rod. An enjoyable night anyway, still nothing on the big lines though.
    Danny.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rock N Reel King

Check out my photos Dan's Fishing Life

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Onyah Dannyboy, you are so overdue for a big croaker or toothie!!!!!!
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to do another all nighter again last night. (Sunday night/Monday morning 14th-15th dec 0 At first I was going to try for some Black Bream again, but when I got to my spot it was already taken so I decided to try for some chopper Tailor instead. I found a spot that wasn't taken and set up. Within four casts I had my first chopper of around 30cm and it went straight out as a live bait. After that it was a bit slow for a while with only one or two fish caught over the the next couple of hours or so. Just enough interest to keep me trying. A mate joined me at my location fairly late and we gave it another go, flicking a few different lures around. He started getting into them to and only kept a couple for bait and releasing the rest. At one stage we got into a real hot bite where it was a fish a cast for about twenty minutes or so. I decided to keep four and also I managed to get three nice crabs as well. So I ended up in the good books with the misses cooking up fresh Crabs and Tailor for brekkie.
    Danny.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rock N Reel King

Check out my photos Dan's Fishing Life

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

There's not much better than a fresh feed for breakie hey!
    It's not about the fish, it's about fishing!

Real men wear PINK!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

fresh tailor = yum!
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...