Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First trevally on sp.

So I headed down the pioneer river today just before high tide.
    The plan was to chase some bream on sp, as I'm still haven't been able to catch any yet no matter how hard I try.
    Anyhow I got down to the spot that I was going to fish, a place I hadn't fished before but I thought it would be a good area, first cast, something hit my plastic pretty hard next thing I know I'm snagged. Re rigged then after a few more casts, I was on, turned out to be a little estuary cod.
    Decided to keep moving along the rocks slowly until I got to the bridge, half way to the bridge was a nice little shady spot so I had a few more casts here, something smash my plastic and I was on again, I saw a silver flash and was thinking this is it my first bream on a lure, after a bit more of a fight I landed this fish which turned out to be a silver trevally, I was over the moon.

Fished this area for a bit longer but there were only littler fish that kept biting the plastics in half, so I moved down to the bridge where i caught another couple of estuary cods. Stayed here for a while flicking plastics at the bridge supports but no one seemed to be home.
    Decided to start making my way back to the car having a few cast along the way, when I picked up a nice little finger mark, another first for me on sp.

So I still haven't caught a bream on plastics but i was happy with what I got instead.
    Hope everyone has a good new years.

Cheers, Booker.