Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pioneer Tug O War

hey guys,
    spent the day up the Pioneer river today, cracked a few thumpers that put a bend in the tcurves...we were anchored up around the mackay fish markets, tied on 1/8th jigheads and put on our 2 inch shrimps. after about 10 minutes of flicking, twitching and pausing Joel hooked up on wat i thought was a big snag, but wen the 2lb fluro started to melt of the reel in the direction on a morred boat, i suspected a stud bream or a jack. that fish found its home and eventually busted him off. after a change to 4lb braid, joel hooked up again but this time, he gave the fish hell. after a few minutes of white knuckle fighting, we had the fish in the net...a beautiful estuary cod of around 50cm, a mammoth effort on bream gear in tight country. we both got dusted a few times more and ofter landing a few smaller cod we decided a change wa in order. i liftered the anchor and let us drift down the pylons another 50m where we caught a few more small cod. we moved again and on the top of the tide i finally caught the target species, a healthy bream of 33cm. as the run out tide intensified, i managed another 2 rat bream to the disgust of joel and bryce, lol. not a bad days fishing considering weve had a lot of rain of late,
    cheers guys
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PB Sooty - 52cm on a Reidy's Little Lucifer
    PB Barra - 115cm on a Stiffy Boney Bream

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work, nice way to kick off the new year.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

that fish market is allways a good spot i have never not caught a fish there