Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: PB Salty.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PB Salty.

Got this one fishing for GT's. It didn't take more then one or two clicks on the T-Curve Blue Water Spin and Spheros 14000 but the pulling power was insane and had me saying GT until it broke the surface. I wouldn't have landed it if I didn't fight it they way I did. Fish was released as it's closed season.

I hooked 25-30 GT's ranging from 10-40 odd kgs with not a single one landed. I sight casted a few of them. I don't think I've ever had more fun losing so many fish in my entire life. Was fishing as locked drag as the clicker would go with 50lb braid and 130lb leader. Two hands on the fore grip pulling as hard as I physically could. Even though some didn't take an inch of line it bust offs are almost always certain. Hopefully be back there soon.

Ran out of Black Magic KS 5/0 so a 4/0 Gamakatsu Octopus was sent down only to be straightened after 10 seconds on a beast.

Troy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blue_mako; 04-01-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

...Get rid on that pussy 50lb braid Troy.

80lb Tuffline at least on the GT's....Not a fan of the Spheros's either.

Thats barra is a ripper mate...well done.

Pete

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah too bad I can't afford a Dog Fight. Next time I go up I'll be fishing heavier and harder. Why don't you like the Spheros' Pete? I reckon they go alright for what they're worth.

Ran into Goshie who writes for Saltwater Fishing and a couple of his mates who had just been up at 1770. Sounds pretty dam windy. I'm keen to go there and slay a big landbased Longtails. Either 1770 or down south.

Troy

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Shimano has relised a 10 000 twinpower i got one with 50lbs braid for the smaller gts about 10-15 kg it really has some power and is nice and light.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Troy!!

Did you catch the barra while chasing GT's? What length did she go?? What lure or bait did you use to entice her?

I am pretty sure they are guys who mod the spheros with some stella parts and call the sphellars. Not sure what they do from memory but recall reading about the mods and why they did it some where.Maybe try a search...

Cheers

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    Yeah too bad I can't afford a Dog Fight. Next time I go up I'll be fishing heavier and harder. Why don't you like the Spheros' Pete? I reckon they go alright for what they're worth.

Ran into Goshie who writes for Saltwater Fishing and a couple of his mates who had just been up at 1770. Sounds pretty dam windy. I'm keen to go there and slay a big landbased Longtails. Either 1770 or down south.

Troy
    Arrrgghh was that you....on the Jetty..???
    Let me know when you wanna head up mate.

The spheros's just arent up to the job when chasing GT's,amberjack etc.
    We have had quite a few come back to the shop with broken bail arms etc.

Pete

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Were you fishing it to Pete? Met plenty of people that trip, maybe you were one of 'em. Haha.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    Were you fishing it to Pete? Met plenty of people that trip, maybe you were one of 'em. Haha.
    No mate Goshie rang ne yesterday and told me where he was.
    When you going back...??

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to go back asap, I just have to find someone else to go with. Let's go up haha.

I just picked up the Spheros. Didn't notice before but I've gotta say it definitely has roughed up a lot since I first got it a couple of weeks back.

Troy
    Last edited by blue_mako; 05-01-2009 at 12:03 PM.