Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: PB Salty.

Threaded View

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PB Salty.

Got this one fishing for GT's. It didn't take more then one or two clicks on the T-Curve Blue Water Spin and Spheros 14000 but the pulling power was insane and had me saying GT until it broke the surface. I wouldn't have landed it if I didn't fight it they way I did. Fish was released as it's closed season.

I hooked 25-30 GT's ranging from 10-40 odd kgs with not a single one landed. I sight casted a few of them. I don't think I've ever had more fun losing so many fish in my entire life. Was fishing as locked drag as the clicker would go with 50lb braid and 130lb leader. Two hands on the fore grip pulling as hard as I physically could. Even though some didn't take an inch of line it bust offs are almost always certain. Hopefully be back there soon.

Ran out of Black Magic KS 5/0 so a 4/0 Gamakatsu Octopus was sent down only to be straightened after 10 seconds on a beast.

Troy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blue_mako; 04-01-2009 at 09:19 PM.