Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 55cm Landbased Creek Jack - New PB

With the southerly still blowing strong today I decided to go and chase a Jack.
    Hit a local creek that has a healthy mullet population and cast net some great livies.
    The little jacks in this creek like a lure but the bigger fellows are harder to entice with a lure so livies had to come into the plan.
    Decided to lob out the biggest mullet I had which would have been a good 20cm.
    Sent him out under a float but he was swimming that strong he kept away from the snags.
    Brought him back in and cut him in half....Fresh blood dripping from him I lobbed him back out and let it drift into the snags...It was a big bloody bait but it got slammed hard within a couple of minutes.
    Forgot how hard the red ones pull....Great fight and I dragged a big fat jack up on the bank.
    Fish went 55cm and was a new PB....Was great to see a big one in such a tight little creek.
    I tried to keep the photo as natural as possible but had to hide it a bit with a few extra trees on the right hand side (hence the blurriness).
    We all know how busy Noosa gets.

Cheers
    Pete