Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default christening the loomis

got out for a fish today, finally after working all week and my fishing buddy up in Sydney the week before. Been looking at my brand new g.loomis sitting in the corner waiting to christen it. No checking the weather or anything. we were going fishing.

We arrived at 6am and being a huge high tide we decided on perch first. After going up and casting stiffy minnows at snags without a touch we reached a rockwall and my lure was hammered by a little trevally ( First on the loomis, not that 50cm perch i was after). We continued upstream and came to our perch spot. Without even a touch on our drift we started our way back. just about to leave I happened to look away from my lure and when i looked back to solid EPs were there and the smaller one had just hammered it, The bigger fish looked to be 45cm+. After a mad dash for the snags and a bit of a fight the 40cm fish was boated.

When we arrived at the hole the blades were so deadly at last time and the wind started howling. So it was time to find somewhere out of the wind. with no success the battery ran out and we were reduced to paddling our canoe Damn IT (dodgy battery chargers) It took us four hours to get back and with only a few tailor and trevally caught once the wind arrived it was still good to get out.

Dont i look stunning at 6am hahaha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DOOGZ; 24-01-2009 at 06:44 PM.
    on the long ass broke road to the fish

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish mate , what model rod is it , have a loomis to use it more then my other rods

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one bed head

Only two things get me active in the morning- fishing & other things that won't be mentioned here.......

Hope the rod has a lot more fish for you int the future.
    Remember to apply sunscreen

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great fish mate.

EP's are a very hard target at times....Can be hard to find.
    I caught some nice ones in the Woronora River south of Sydney.
    Also caught them in Middle Harbour in Sydney.

Pete

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hungy View Post
    Nice fish mate , what model rod is it , have a loomis to use it more then my other rods
    Its the cheapest of the dropshot range a 2-4kg DSR820S GL2 awesome rod to use the taper is absolutely fantastic. ITs got a kind of stiff tip which flicks light lures around really well and heaps of power in the but
    on the long ass broke road to the fish